The job of a recruiter or HR Consultant is never dull. We deal with all kinds of people in all kinds of industries in various locations. On a weekly basis we get interesting requests from resume writing to reviewing temporary job descriptions to helping organizations with their HR policies and procedures.
In order to be an effective resource to our clients whether that is a job seeker or organization looking for staffing assistance, we have to keep up on all the latest and greatest trends when it comes to recruiting, staffing and employment. One of the ways we do this is by studying some of the trends that are happening in the human resource and recruiting sector.
- SHRM (the Society of Human Resource Management) reports that more than 85 percent of large companies and a rapidly growing number of smaller employers perform some form of background screening today. The top areas for background checks: 93% perform checks on education history; 88% on employment verifications; 70 percent perform drug testing and checks of driving records.
- Almost half of employers (45 percent) said that the time to fill open positions has grown since 2014.
- Nearly half (47 percent) said unfilled positions are staying open longer due to unmatched salary requirements.
- A majority of hiring managers (56 percent) predict unmet salary requirements means higher salaries for current new hires.
- 200 million = the number of people who are inactive in the workforce or part time who could work additional hours through freelance platforms.
- 36% of jobs posted now are for positions paying $30,000 to $60,000 the highest of any bracket
- 28% consider finding better ways to source passive candidates as one of the three most essential and long-lasting trends in recruiting for professional roles today.